- "We're just lucky you're a pack of fools. Now the treasure is ours!"
- —Bass's only line in Eternal Sonata
Bass serves Captain Dolce as her 1st Lieutenant. His appearance is that of a Raider Pirate opponent. He seems to be a quiet type, speaking only once within the game despite accompanying Dolce and Guitar in all of their appearances.
- Main article: 1st Lieutenant
In battle, Bass carries the same basic attack set and relative stats to a Raider Pirate in comparison with a Warrior Pirate. As such, his defense is rather lower than Guitar's, though still higher than a typical Raider Pirate. Additionally, he can use Guts to revive Guitar, or Grit in the final battle.
- Bass's name is only given when he speaks in the final battle against him, Dolce and Guitar in the Woodblock Groves in Encore Mode. If playing a normal playthrough, his name is never given as anything other than "1st Lieutenant."
- Bass shares his name with a member of the Forte resistance group Andantino.
In music, a bass is both a type of instrument and a type of classical male singing voice. Thus, it makes sense that there would be two characters named Bass.